In a nutshell…
Lillian Nyamongo a.k.a Kerry is a proud millennial born in one of the most beautiful places on earth: Kenya. I swapped my day job in financial services for a life full of hot chocolate and noodles to pursue a postgraduate degree in international development. This blog is my version of a digital commonplace book where I will share the issues and the books that are near and dear to my heart.
New to Kerry’s Blog? Here are some helpful posts:
- Four commitment traps to avoid
- How to take charge of our finances
- 5 TED talks about the African story by Africans
- What would you do if you were not afraid?
- My thoughts on the Last Lecture
- Networking for Stutterers: Lessons from the Undateables
- A born-tao guide to surviving a trip up country
- How to deal with being blown-off
- How to manage the boys’ club
This would also be a good time to mention that I love reading and lately I have been trying to share my thoughts on book reviews, my reading habits and reading non-fiction for pleasure. In order to read more diversely, I came up with the 2016 Kenyan Bookworm and PopSugar reading challenges.
When you are ready…. Grab you favourite your drink and dig in:
- Reader’s Nook Interview Series
- Guest posts: 6 easy ways to become smarter when strapped for cash and time at She Leads Africa
- Most popular posts: Where are the men?| I haaavvvve something to say… | Men playing dirty in the quest for women’s empowerment | If you really knew me, you’d know
- Some inspiration
Connect! Got a question? Any book recommendations? Or you just want to say hi? Please feel free to check me out on: